Friday, January 15, 2010

First Rough Draft

So I finished the entire script last night...and it's super long. But the good thing is, now everything is on paper and I have a basis for the story.

Because so much information comes out throughout the script, I need to eliminate things that are repeated over and over. I don't want too much coming out before the trial begins, but I also think certain things need to be saved for the trial. There are also a few things I'd like to add that builds on the characters. Right now I feel like there are very dry, so that's the first thing I'm going to tackle.

Also, about the verdict. There are two ways I saw this going when I was writing it last night. I chose the sappy yay Limits wins and all is right with the world ending, but an alternate ending I thought of was having Limits found guilty, he serves some time in prison (going for more of a realistic conclusion) and show a scene where Jayden transfers to a different school, he gives geek his "watch out" look, and the cylce continues because he has yet to be stopped. I happen to like leaving the movie theatre with a giddy feeling that everything worked out for the best, but I'm still on the fense about this one.

2 comments:

  1. Go with the happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Pete =)

    I'm going to start from the beginning and whatever feels right is what I'm gonna go with. Right now the ending is totally rushed because I freaked out about how long it was, but I'm already making changes.

    ReplyDelete