Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Whoa

This is the first time this term that I've felt overwhelmed about this project. I know there is so much good stuff here, but every good idea I have comes with a setback. I'm not discouraged, but I'm accepting the fact that the second draft will still not come close to what I expect of this project. By the third, or even the fourth draft, I believe I will finally see a very small light at the end of a long, dark tunnel.

Some good news. I had my father read the script (a person who I can trust to tell me the truth, who appreciates sci-fi, and who is capable of giving me advice on the science in the script.) We both concluded that, even though Wendy has all of this information in her head, she would not understand it. It's like when a student studies for a test and crams information into her head, and then forgets it the day after. That is not understanding, that's memorizing. Wendy is in the same situation. She has all of this information crammed into her head that she cannot understand. THIS IS A HUGE STRUGGLE for her. This is why she needs Nikki and Ardon.

I also don't want Ardon to be as nice as he was in the first draft. I want to show his struggles too. After all, when Corryn died, he was on the verge of a major scientific breakthrough, and he knows he needs Wendy's help. If Wendy refuses to help him, wouldn't he grow mad? All these years of trying to find her, and now that he has her and she's not willing to help him, how far would he go to get the answers? AND Ardon may believe that because Wendy has all of Corryn's information in her head, she can make decisions like Corryn used to. But Wendy isn't Corryn, and might also be something Ardon has to deal with. Just because Wendy has this information doesn't mean she would come to the same conclusions as Corryn would.

Lots of ideas and so little time to execute them.

No comments:

Post a Comment