Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This is why talking helps

I brought up my script idea to my fraternity brother, Chris, and he asked how old Wendy was when she underwent the experiment. I said one or two, very young. I assumed that a baby's ability to take in information was far better at an early age. Turns out, I was right, but for a different reason.

Up until the age of three or four, babies can create multiple synapses in their brains, which allows them to take in and remember much more information. Then as they grow, the ability to create synapses decreases. So if Wendy took in all of this information as a child, she still would have room in her small brain for more information because these synapses would do it. The fact that we still don't know how much brain power we use or what goes on with the rest of it....this could definitely be a working theory.

http://main.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=60790%20

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting how much you learn writing a script, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete